Nov 06 2007
This is a gift set I made using the Holiday Harmony DP and some of my favorite stamp sets in my very favorite style!!! Most of the photos are too greenish — sorry about that!!! Photographer error, and she doesn’t know what to do about it — LOL!!!
This is my very favorite piece!!! It’s a box that requires a full 12 x 12 sheet to make the base. I used the textured River Rock. This box was inspired by several boxes done in this style in a book I picked up at Michael’s — well, can you imagine my surpise when I realized that the boxes I was so enamored with were done by Kelly Lunceford, who we all know as atomicbutterfly at SCS!!! The book is Great Gift Ideas Using Scrapbook Materials, A Tweety Jill Publication by Jill Haglund. Here are the directions:
- Using a full 12 x 12 sheet, score at 2 3/4″ intervals, which leaves a 1″ tab for securing together. The Scor-Pal works great for this box!
- Turn the paper and score 2 3/4″ across the bottom, to form bottom. Cut out small corner piece and slice up the lines to the score line.
- Make the cover out of DP in the same manner, only score every 2 7/8″ so it is a bit larger than the box — this cover slides on and off very easily!
Once it was made, I added the strip of Pomegranate paper to the box as it just needed a bit of color! I made 2 decorative add-ons with Sweet Sampler, added brads, tied my ribbon, and done!!! This really is a super quick project and Ithink it makes a big statement for how quick and easy it is!!! Love this box!!! Thanks Kelly!!!
This is another quick little gift — a bookmark with a pretty case — presentation is everything, right? Just simple stamping on my bookmark, matted in Pomegranate. For the topI used a piece ofHodgepodge Hardware, firstadhering a 3/4″ circle punched piece, and then running the ribbon through my hardware. Rather than knot this heavy ribbon, I tied it off with the Gold Elastic Cord — worked great!!! And I just realized you can’t see that in this photo, but it does show in the groupphoto above. I really wanted to add DD or brads to the bookmark, but as I did want it to be functional as a bookmark, I restrained myself!!! The case was made quicky with DP, on the Scor-Pal, and circle punching out the top. I merely added a sentiment on the bottom, some ribbon and the star, which was first stamped in Pomegranate on Very Vanilla, then using the SAMJ, I stamped again in Versa Mark and then embossed with Iridescent Ice EP. I then cut the star out and againlayered it onto a sheet of Pomegranate, and then cut that out, leaving a little border. It made my star stronger and defined it. I wrapped it with the Gold Elastic Cord and adhered with a Pop Dot!
- Bookmark: 2 1/4 x 6 1/4
- Case: Cut paper 5 1/2 x 6 3/4 (length). Score at 2 1/2 and 5 and you will be left with a 1/2″ strip to secure it together. Turn paper in Scor-Pal and Score 1/2″ – this is the bottom. Cut off the small corner square and the opposite outer rectangle, so you are just left with one tab on the bottom.
This is a money or check holder that was inspired by Lynda Benden. She played my Friday Stamp Simply Challenge and made 2 adorable bill holders. You can see hers here. She gives measurements, but I changed them just a bit, making the holder a little wider. These are so quick and easy — I just covered the front of the holder with DP, made my main image panel, trimmed it up with a little ribbon tab and brads, and added brads to the sides, primarily for decorative purposes, but they do hold the pocket together on the edges as well. Added my photos turns, Velcro under the panel to hold the holder securely closed and wrapped with a ribbon, and YES, the recipient will have to open the ribbon to get inside, but that’s OK — it’s just a boring check — might as well have some fun opening it!!! Remember, presentation is everything — LOL!!! Here’s the measurements I used:
Cut paper 7 1/2 (width) x 7. Score at 1 1/2 and 4 3/4. This makes your flaps 1 1/2 and 2 1/4″. The smaller flap is the bottom flap.
This is a gift card holder I made, which is very similar in style to the sample I made for my Friday Stamp Simply Challenge. Complete instructions can be seen on that post here. The corner is stamped with Baroque Motifs and outlined with a glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds.
And, last but not least, I made a card — a 5 1/2″ square, my favorite size!!! Again, the Baroque Motifs image is outlined with a glue pen and DD, as are the little flower centers. I think this makes such a pretty Christmas card!!! Used my silly wallpaper technique on this — my chair rail is really low today!!!
- Stamps: Sweet Sampler, Baroque Motifs, Many Merry Messages, Star Studded Season
- Paper: River Rock and Purely Pomegranate textured and plain, Very Vanilla, Holiday Harmony Designer Paper
- Ink: River Rock, Purely Pomegranate, Black Stazon, Versa Mark
- Accessories: Satin Ribbon, Gold Elastic Cord, Vintage Brads, Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware, Velcro Dots, Red Sticky Strip, Mini Glue Dots, Mounting Tape, Pop Dots, Dimensionals, Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Crafter’s Tool Kit, Coluzzle, Ticket Corner Punch, Corner Rounder, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch
That’s it for today! Thanks so much for looking!!! I really should do one more little set using the new Dashing DP I just got — I’ll try to do that tomorrow! Have a great day!!!
40 responses so far